Click here to upgrade your browser.
» Grand Ouest airports
- Concession grantor: Ministère de l’Ecologie, du Développement Durable, des Transports et du Logement
- Concession company: Société Aéroports du Grand Ouest
- Contract phase: construction
Société Aéroports du Grand Ouest, owned 85% by VINCI Concessions, signed the concession contract for the two existing airports (Nantes-Atlantique and Saint Nazaire-Montoir) and the new airport for the Nantes region on 23 December 2010.
Contract duration: 55 years
- VINCI’s first turnkey airport as part of a greenfield project includes works worth €450 million
- The construction works will be executed mainly by VINCI Construction France and Eurovia
Designed to replace Nantes-Atlantique airport from 2017, the new infrastructure will form part of a balanced regional development plan that will combine economic development with environmental protection:
- First energy-positive airport in France
- Runway/terminal configuration optimises flight and taxi-ing time
- Fuel savings
- Energy consumption per passenger divided by 3
The works, involving almost 4,000 people, will start in 2014 with a view to opening the airport in 2017.
- Nantes-Atlantique airport: launch of 32 new routes; arrival of Volotea (20 destinations); strengthening of Transavia services (400,000 passengers a year) and Vueling; 3% freight growth
- Saint Nazaire-Montoir airport: tonnage increased 20% as a result of growth in Airbus business
- New airport: approval received on two environmental procedures (French Water Act and protected species) and local roads improvement programme; acquisition of all land necessary for execution of the project (85% by amicable agreement); 30 out of 40 farms signed by amicable agreement.
Nantes Atlantique is the biggest regional airport in France for charter flights. Passenger numbers there increased almost 12% in 2012.