Click here to upgrade your browser.
Managing the three major phases in the life of a project
VINCI Concessions has the full range of skills necessary to assume responsibility for transport infrastructure and public facilities, from design through to daily operation. These skills are deployed in the three major phases of projects of this type: infrastructure development (including financing), programme management and infrastructure operation.
VINCI Concessions handles the entire development process:
- Project identification
- Consortium of equity partners and lenders
- Design, financial and occupancy modelling
- Environmental impact studies
- Contract signature
Focusing in end users
VINCI Concessions attaches a great deal of importance to listening to the expectations of future end users at this stage of the project in order to find optimal solutions. Satisfying the consumer is our key focus throughout the infrastructure’s life cycle.
Sustainable development is another important part of this process. VINCI Concessions makes a determined effort to ensure that the infrastructure and services proposed take account of environmental challenges and urban development issues.
Our role, as a leading partner in a project, is to coordinate it.
VINCI Concessions is the leader in almost every joint venture it establishes and has demonstrated its ability to attract long-term investors.
The strength of our concession-construction business model derives from VINCI’s expertise, which guarantees fast and efficient construction. In addition, drawing on our long experience, we are able to anticipate all that questions that might be raised during the implementation and infrastructure operation phases.
Integrating complex infrastructure projects
VINCI Concessions has developed a set of rigorous procedures to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
We design the infrastructure and then build it on a turnkey basis, ensuring that operation and maintenance constraints are taken into account at the earliest possible stage.
This approach to project integration gives the concession grantor a single interface for complex infrastructure projects.
- Organise the teams necessary for the execution of a major project
- Integrate constraints
- Deliver the infrastructure on time
- Take the infrastructure’s economic and environmental performance into account throughout its life cycle
Establishing dialogue upstream of the project:
Prior to the start of the programme management phase and while remaining ever attentive to the concession grantor, VINCI Concessions initiates dialogue and consultation with the various stakeholders:
- public authorities
- technical teams
- end users
- local residents
- non-profit organisations
This approach helps to optimise administrative and technical procedures, and to obtain the permits needed to launch the programme management phase.
More generally, VINCI Concessions constantly adapts its technical solution to accommodate stakeholder concerns while paying close attention to each country’s legal and technical framework.
In PPP projects, programme management has specific features. There is a need to:
- Take on board the financial dimension
- Simultaneously build and operate certain sections, in most cases
- Make changes as the project proceeds, as in the Park Azur rental car facility at Nice Airport: departing from the initial design of the project, the rental firms decided to pool a number of areas, and VINCI Concessions was able to revise the drawings without causing a delay in construction.
Taking concession grantor and user satisfaction to the highest level:
During the operation phase, VINCI Concessions’ primary aim is to maximise the benefits of the facilities and services over the long term. At the same time, it strives to make the infrastructure an integral part of the local community.
Thanks to its strong local roots, VINCI Concessions has a good understanding of the expectations of citizen-users with regard to infrastructure.
To build their loyalty, we strive to offer personalised customer services such as the presence of a steward in each Rhônexpress train or the introduction of a payment card on Charilaos Trikoupis Bridge.
- To support users over the lifetime of the contract
- To ensure the infrastructure meets the highest quality standards at all times;
- To introduce new and improved services