Opening of Truck Etape secure parking facility for HGVs at Valenciennes 12 June 2008
Valenciennes, 12th June 2008 Press release Opening of Truck Etape secure parking facility for HGVs at Valenciennes Truck Etape, a VINCI Concessions subsidiary specialising in the construction and operation of secure parking facilities for heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), is opening its La Sentinelle site on the A2 motorway (exit 20) near Valenciennes. The 300-space […]
Valenciennes, 12th June 2008
Opening of Truck Etape secure parking facility for HGVs at Valenciennes
Truck Etape, a VINCI Concessions subsidiary specialising in the construction and operation of secure parking facilities for heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), is opening its La Sentinelle site on the A2 motorway (exit 20) near Valenciennes.
The 300-space site augments VINCI Concessions service offering in terms of secure HGV parking facilities following the opening of the Béziers Truck Etape in 2006 (350 parking spaces on the A9 motorway at exit 36 for Béziers Ouest) and the secure parking facility at Communay in 2004 (125 spaces on the A46, eastern bypass around Lyons).
The new secure HGV parking facility at La Sentinelle has been selected by the European Commission as a pilot site for the SETPOS (Secure European Truck Parking Operational Services) project and for the purposes of setting a European standard for such facilities.
Truck Etape facilities are genuine multiservice hubs, providing a complete range of services to HGV drivers that guarantee their safety and comfort. They limit the risks associated with parking, improving the security of goods and people and ensuring better quality rest time for drivers. The introduction and application of special operating procedures help to limit environmental pollution risk and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Examples include providing electric sockets for refrigerated lorries, pollution removal areas and retention basins for dealing with leakage of hazardous materials during their transport.
The site is the result of true synergy between the Group’s various business lines: VINCI Concessions, through subsidiary Truck Etape, devised the concept and is the investor and operator of the extremely modern facility; VINCI Construction erected the commercial and service buildings; Eurovia built the roads and the platform itself; and lastly, VINCI Energies was in charge of all security and lighting equipment.
Description of the Valenciennes Truck Etape (La Sentinelle, exit 20 on the A2):
- Truck Etape is a secure HGV multiservice hub that creates local jobs (30 jobs over 20 years or more);
- It has 200 parking spaces in service and will eventually have 300 spaces spread over almost 8 hectares;
- The secure site enables haulage companies to combat the growth in theft of freight and fuel, as well as the deterioration of their rolling stock (breaking and entering, tarpaulins slashed, etc.) and attacks on drivers;
- It is equipped with a rainwater collection system to supply the toilet blocks, as well as a hot water heating system powered by solar panels.
Valenciennes Truck Etape services:
- Controlled access for HGVs and pedestrians;
- 24/7 human presence;
- CCTV monitoring around the clock, with camera images recorded continuously and stored for the period authorised by the law;
- Compliance with the requirements of new anti-theft insurance policy clauses (2-metre high fencing, CCTV, lighting at night);
- Driver services (showers, toilets and, soon, a laundry);
- A restaurant, bar and sandwich bar;
- Communications area and lounge;
- Haulage company services: fuel, HGV washing station;
- Price: €18 a night.
Press contact: Vanessa Lattès
Tel: +33 1 47 16 31 82